WHO IS JESUS?
This is the reason why we're here. He loves us. There is no other possible reason for me to be doing what I do if it weren't for a kind and compassionate God, who is very much alive! I would have continued my lifestyle of using drugs and would likely be in the grave or in some cold, lonely prison. I will never forget the kindness He showed me that day when I had a knife to my wrist. I was so hopeless and alone-I was desperate. I cried out to the air, asking God, "If You are real, then please show me and I won't do this." He answered me that day, and now I have come to know Him better and better over the years. It truly is a miracle that there is a God.
So, please join me on this journey of discovering who Jesus is. Because I can tell you that there is no better companion and friend than Him. He loves you so incredibly much... So much that He gave His life for you when you were at your worst.
Jesus is love...
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love - 1 John 4:8
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. . - Matthew 11:29
But God showed how much he loved us by having Christ die for us, even though we were sinful. - Romans 5:8
Even when we were God's enemies, he made peace with us, because his Son died for us. Yet something even greater than friendship is ours. Now that we are at peace with God, we will be saved by the life of his Son. - Romans 5:10
Following the Lord
1. We need to believe that Jesus is who He says He is. He is God.
2. We need to understand that we have all sinned against a holy and righteous God, who will someday judge everyone--that includes you and me.
3. In His kindness, God robed Himself in flesh and became a man (like you and me).
4. He took the punishment for our sins, and died in our place on the cross.
5. He descended into the lower parts of the earth (Hell) where we should have gone.
6. He then ascended back to the upper parts of the earth and appeared to numerous people (over 500), demonstrating that He indeed is very much alive.
7. He then ascended back into Heaven.
8. We must repent of our sins. In other words, if sin is what He came and died for, how can we expect to continue in it and go to Heaven. Instead, with His help, He calls us to lay it down and change our minds and our actions. ***I want to add that even though I have been following the Lord and have conquered many things, there are still things that I am overcoming. The idea is to get started and be serious about it. If He has shown you that something is wrong, and you choose to continue doing it, that is not genuine repentance. Genuine repentance is making a commitment to quit now and fight like you mean it.
9. We are commanded to be baptized in the name of Jesus.
10. We must receive the Holy Spirit. Jesus will come and live in you and empower you to then live for Him.
11. Don't quit.